Finding the right tenants with Cwtch Property Group

  • /
  • Landlords

Talk to Cwtch Property Group about using our property services 01633 932 952

Your property should be well presented and well maintained.
Your property must hold valid gas certification which is renewable every 12 Months. EPC (Energy Performance Certificate – This must be renewed every 10 years.
It is at a landlord’s discretion whether to let your property as fully furnished, part furnished or unfurnished. All properties should have suitable carpet or flooring, curtains and light fittings. If your property has a garden it should be neat and tidy with lawned areas cut. If left the necessary tools to do so, it is a tenants responsibility to maintain the garden however we can arrange for visits by our regular gardener at the request of the landlord if required.
A set of keys should be provided for each tenant and if utilising our fully managed service a set of maintenance keys will be retained by Cwtch Property Group to enable access for inspections etc.
As the owner of the property it is your responsibility to notify your mortgage provider of your intention to let your property and obtain their consent.
If you are a leaseholder you should check the terms of your lease to and obtain written consent if required.
You will need to notify your buildings and contents insurer of your intention to let your property to ensure your policy is appropriate. Not doing so may invalidate your policy leaving your property uninsured and you liable for any cost to repair your property or replace contents. This could stretch into the hundreds of thousands of pounds in the event of a fire.
Council tax needs to be transferred to the tenant, we can arrange this on your behalf along with any utilities.
T• Landlords who reside in the UK are responsible for making any deductions for tax purposes from the rental payments received. Landlords who reside outside of the UK require an exemption certificate from HMRC before receiving rental balances without the deduction of tax.
• To protect the landlord and tenant a comprehensive inventory is advisable, at the commencement and cessation of any tenancy agreement.
Most tenancies are classified as assured shorthold tenancies, they can be for a fixed term of 6 to 12 months provided the rent is less than £100,000 per annum and let to individuals. A landlord has the right to regain possession of the property once the fixed term expires provided they give two months written notice to the tenant.
A landlord is responsible for ensuring their property does not compromise the safety of their tenant, they must ensure gas, electrical, waste, plumbing, heating and hot water systems are safe, sound and in good working order. Where required this must be evidenced with appropriate certification.
While there is no legal obligation on landlords to have professional checks carried out on the electrical appliances, there is, however, an obligation to ensure that all electrical equipment is safe, under the electrical equipment (safety) regulations 1994, the plugs and sockets regulations 1994, the 2005 building regulation- part P, and the british standard BS1363 relating to plugs and sockets. All electrical certification should be carried out by an electrician whom is registered with the NICEIC. It is advisable to have a full electrical inspection carried out every five years. It is also advisable to instruct an electrician to carry out PAT testing on all portable electrical appliances once a year.
Annual gas safety checks must be completed and records of certification must be retained by the landlord.
There is no legal obligation for landlords to have professional checks completed on appliances, however a landlord is responsible for ensuring they are safe and compliant with the Electrical Safety Regulations 1994, Plugs and Sockets Regulations 1994, 2005 Building Regulation and British Standard BS1363. All electrical certification should be carried out by an electrician registered with the NICEIC. It is advisable to have a full electrical inspection carried out every five years. It is also advisable to instruct an electrician to carry out PAT testing on all portable electrical appliances once a year.
The Furniture and Furnishings (FIRE) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989, 1993 and 1996) stipulate that specified items supplied in the course of letting a property must meet minimum fire resistant standards. The regulations apply to all upholstered furniture, beds, headboards and mattresses, sofa-beds, futons and other convertibles, nursery furniture, garden furniture suitable for use in a dwelling, scatter cushions, pillows and non-original covers for furniture. They do not apply to antique furniture or furniture produced prior 1950, bed clothes including duvets, loose covers for mattresses, pillowcases, curtains, carpets or sleeping bags. Therefore all relevant items above must be checked for compliance and non- compliant items removed from the premises. In practice, most (but not all) items which comply must have a suitable permanent label attached. Items purchased since 1st march 1990 from reputable supplier are also likely to comply.
As of 1st October 2008 all new tenancies require an energy performance certificate. The purpose is to determine how energy efficient homes are on a scale to A-G. The most efficient homes - which should have the lowest fuel bills - are in band A. The certificate uses the same scale to define the impact the home has on the environment based on C02 emissions. The average property in the UK is in band D-E for both ratings. The certificate includes recommendations on ways to improve the homes energy efficiency, to save money and help the environment.
All our properties are thoroughly inspected and inventoried by us personally so you can be assured of accurate descriptions catalogued and photographed by members of our team. All tenancy agreements are prepared by us, we are qualified by the National Federation of Property Professionals and prepared in accordance with the law to protect both tenants and landlords. Whether you are looking for a long or short term rental, a family home or a smaller property we have plenty to choose from. If you want to know anything about any of our properties give us a call and a member of our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.